Tuesday, February 2, 2010

EtsyMetal Project Runway Jewelry Challenge Season 7.2 "Burlap"

This was my last entry for the EtsyMetal Project Runway Jewelry Challenge. I had put this one off until the last possible minute thinking I had it in the bag. I was going to make Kanzashi fabric flowers out of my burlap. Well after I tried to assemble my first flower I realized it was not going to work as my burlap was too dense! Uh oh, I started to panic, I had to post this by noon that afternoon. So I cut some burlap circles and dipped them in dye, then fabricated the Sterling discs and sewed the circles to the metal. Needless to say I was not very inspired by this weeks material but I knew I had to get something made in time, it is my personal goal to complete this challenge every week. I fondly call these earrings Raggedy Anns :)

To see some really wonderful burlap pieces from other EtsyMetal team members please click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment